2020 KIA Telluride: 8 Seater SUV With Sophisticated Style & 300Hp
If there was still proof of the enormity of the cars in Detroit, here is one. Kia unveils the 2020 KIA Telluride, with a single V6 petrol engine of more than 300 hp and 8 seats on board.
Should we still recall how much the American automotive industry is itself “bogged down” in a self-centered market on large models? At the sight of the Detroit living room, probably not. Aside from some sports like Toyota Supra and Shelby GT500, everything else is huge, high, heavy, wide and handsomely motorized.
2020 KIA Telluride Specs
Under the hood, we find an atmospheric 3.8 V6 of 295 hp and 355 Nm of torque. This engine, combined with an all-wheel-drive (optional) and 8-speed automatic transmission, allows the 2020 KIA Telluride to tow nearly 2.3 tonnes. Several driving modes (Eco, AWD, Sport) let the driver play with the torque distribution, which can go up to 50/50. The part of the rear axle however never exceeds 50%. As standard, however, the Telluride is a two-wheel drive (traction).
2020 KIA Telluride Styling
In terms of design, Far away from the Sorento and Sportage, it sports a very square style (both in proportions and in the forms of optics) that should appeal to American customers, especially those targeting the segment of Cadillac Escalade, Ford Explorer or Lincoln Navigator.
this is the first car from KIA designed specifically for the United States. Designed at the Kia Design Center in Irvine, CA. The Kia Telluride’s sophisticated exterior accents also hint at its interior luxury. Main design cues include:
- Long, broad hood and wide grille
- Upright windshield and clean side profile conveys muscular tension
- Sculpted rear skid plate with integrated twin exhaust tips reference off-road ability and power (standard on S, EX and SX trims)
- Inverted “L” tail lamps with LED stripes (standard on EX and SX trims)
- Elongated nameplates on the leading edge of the hood and on the liftgate provide a distinctive identity for flagship SUV
- Bold, stacked headlamps convey power and stability
The Kia Telluride interior is designed to continue the impression of upscale exploration:
- Grab handles integrated into the center console suggest journeys off the beaten path
- Spacious cabin for generous hip, shoulder, leg and head room, including in the third row
- Wide console with emphasis on the horizontal through artistic use of premium trim features to convey spaciousness – more “luxe living room” than “utility vehicle”
The 2020 KIA Telluride has three rows of seats with eight seats. And since it is intended for large families, the Korean SUV has richly endowed: six USB ports, many driving aids, 10-inch touch screen with Apple CarPlay and Harman & Kardon 10 HP sound.